Hurro, it’s me, Little Scamp!
I wanted to talk to you about how helpful I am and yet I have still been put on a diet. Have you heard of diets? It is where you get no extra food, less dinner AND you are not allowed to take food from the baby or eat the things he drops on the floor. What good is a baby if you cannot eat the things he drops on the floor?!! It is all that Ladee called Mum’s fault because she keeps saying I am over weight. I can always rely on Dad to sneak me some bits though.
Here are some reasons why I should not ever be on a diet.
- I love to eat food.
- It will be winter soon and I need insulation as I am moulting all my fur just now.
- I am very good at helping with the dishes. Much better than squiggly who just takes them back out again instead of licking them.
- I am very helpful by guarding from intruders and barking at strange noises. We have had building work going on near our house for nearly two years now and I still make sure I am as vigilant as ever. Back when Squiggly was a little squiggly sometimes he would wake up and help me make lots of noise. I don’t know why this made Mum cry sometimes though…
- I am a good baby sitter.
- I am very good at being brushed. I never bite the brush like Ludo used to.
- I am very handsome. I get told all the time that I am.
8. I am still very good at helping with the chores, like chasing the vacuum cleaner or chewing up socks.
What do you think, if I present my case to mean old Ladee will I get to not be on a diet?
5 thoughts on “On Helping and Diets”
You are a wonderful helper, Arran. No one here seems to like us to help clean those dishes either. Sheesh, Squiggly will be out the gate before Mum pays attention to your barking at her. Go grab that boy by the pants:)
Woos – Lightning, Misty, and Timber
Arran, your case is rock solid. And of course it will be winter any day now…
I’m thinking Keltic should be on a diet but he’s no where’s near as helpful as you, Arran.
Merlin here: I sympathise Arran. Like you my hu-mum put me on a diet last year. I had spent so much time training lots of humans to give me food by gazing soulfully at them – all wasted effort. To add further insult, she was right and I did feel better – it was easier to chase River. Paws crossed your mum sees how handsome and helpful you are now.
Hi love the caption under the picture of the hair brushing. Yap we can clone ourselves with all that fur!